In the interest of fostering an open and welcoming environment, we as contributors, maintainers, and organizers pledge to make participation in our projects and our community a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of age, body size, disability, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, level of experience, education, socio-economic status, nationality, personal appearance, race, religion, or sexual identity and orientation.
Examples of behavior that contributes to creating a positive environment include:
- Using welcoming and inclusive language
- Being respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences
- Gracefully accepting constructive criticism
- Focusing on what is best for the community
- Showing empathy towards other community members
- Being mindful of sharing work in a public environment
Examples of unacceptable behavior by participants include:
- The use of sexualized language or imagery and unwelcome sexual attention or advances
- Trolling, insulting/derogatory comments, and personal or political attacks
- Public or private harassment
- Publishing others’ private information, such as a physical or electronic address, without explicit permission
- Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate in a professional setting
The ROC Game Dev Board of Directors (the “Board”) is responsible for maintaining this Code of Conduct, clarifying the standards of acceptable behavior, and taking appropriate and fair corrective action in response to any instances of unacceptable behavior.
The Board has the right and responsibility to remove, edit, or reject comments, commits, code, wiki edits, issues, and other contributions that are not aligned to this Code of Conduct, or to temporarily or permanently ban any contributor for other behaviors that they deem inappropriate, threatening, offensive, or harmful.
This Code of Conduct applies both within ROC Game Dev spaces and in public spaces when an individual is representing ROC Game Dev or its community. Examples of representing ROC Game Dev include using an official project e-mail address, posting via an official social media account, or acting as an appointed representative at an online or offline event. Representation of ROC Game Dev may be further defined and clarified by the Board.
Instances of abusive, harassing, or otherwise unacceptable behavior may be reported by contacting the ROC Game Dev team at email@example.com. All complaints will be reviewed and investigated by the Board, which will determine an appropriate response in its sole discretion, up to and including temporary or permanent bans and contacting any relevant authorities. The ROC Game Dev team will attempt to maintain confidentiality with regard to the reporter of an incident; however, this may not always be possible (for example, disclosure may be necessary to investigate an incident or to report a crime) . Further details of specific enforcement policies may be posted separately.
This Code of Conduct is adapted from the Contributor Covenant, version 1.4, available at https://www.contributor-covenant.org/version/1/4/code-of-conduct.html